Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just can't get enough

As I embark on my last week as a free, unemployed bird ...for the rest of my waking life, before I start my job as an RN on Monday (I'm excited, nervous, and terrified), I have been speed reading through my list of books, watching back to back dvds from Blockbuster and Red Box, wallowing, groveling, rushing to get in last minute dental, hair, doctor appointments, asking myself "why me??", and trying to squeeze in all 7 Harry Potter films before the midnight showing on Thursday. With all that going on, here are some things I just can't get enough of:

Will and Kate. I've been obsessed with her for years, have had pictures of her forever on my computer, and adore the fact that they are finally publically together. That said, her moment with a sweet child suffering from cancer, who wanted to meet a "real life princess" and gave her this letter, absolutely warmed my heart. She is one incredibly classy lady.

One Day by David Nicholls. This book made me laugh and cry (I had cried like four times before I was even halfway done with it!!) and made me so sad it ended. One of the best books I've read in a while of a guy and girl who meet each year on the anniversary of the day they met. It chronicles their life for about 20 years, and made my heart ache in a good way. They're making a movie of it, coming out in a month or so starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess.

Invictus, directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, was excellent. I laughed and cried and it amazed me at how spot-on Freeman played Nelson Mandela, and how perfect Damon's South African accent was. I met a couple with their kids in NYC from South Africa, and not only are they the most gorgeous people I've ever seen, but their accent is so beautiful it gave me chills when they spoke. 

Jane Austen Book Club. I adored this movie!! and it made me want to reread all of the classics! Loved the characters overlapping relationships and how reading some Austen brought them all together.
Up. Oh my Lord, I cried like a baby! multiple times!! This was one of the sweetest and unusual love stories, and I adored it!

David and Victoria Beckham finally having a baby girl (after those 3 boys!). Growing up I was a huge Spice Girl fan (and i'd be wrong to say I don't flip to it on my ipod now) and am a huge Manchester United fan, so them being a power couple makes me love them. Especially seeing how he adores his sons, but when I saw she was pregnant again I was rooting for a girl!!

Also, check out my cute Pandora charm for my bracelet -- a Jeep!!!

Revlon's Voluminous Million Lashes. amazinggggg. I don't even have to use an eyelash curler anymore. love.
Also, I used John Frieda's Go Blonder in my hair and it turned it a brassy shade of blonde (not like my usual natural highlights the sun makes for me during the summer) and made me sad, so I'm going tomorrow for my first ever time to get my hair dyed. I am scared stiff, and even though she's one of my mom's bffs and has been doing some trim ups and wispy lengths, etc. to my hair for years, I made sure to bring a page full of what I love. (Can you tell which blondes I adore??? -- Namely, Chelsy Davy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment