Thursday, June 2, 2011

RN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you I'd be doing this face!!!

Well actually right now I'm still kind of stunned and subdued. I won't truly and seriouly be able to believe it until I get my license in the mail in a few weeks -- but this morning I was able to log onto the Board of Nursing website and look myself up as an RN!!!

Cue The Fresh Prince Carlton dance!!


There were 60 of us in my graduating class (like 80something when we started), and I am proud to say I was the youngest one overall (by a few months). I don't turn 23 for another 2 weeks or so, and I feel that that is a big accomplishment. I am so honored and proud to have been in a class with so many working, married, parents (or a combo of the 3) and seeing how they were able to perfectly juggle it all. They are true Wonder Moms and Dads and I hope to one day be half the person they are.

For now, my job doesn't start til July 18th -- so I am going to soak up EVERY OUNCE of my month and 16 days left!!!! Books downloaded on the kindle, library card renewed, dates set to go to the CC pool, on the boat and walking across his front yard to the 18th hole to play golf, beach trips (now that I no longer live 5 miles away, and it's more like 70), and maybe another quick NYC trip in. If only it'd get cooler -- it's been in the 90's in NC for weeks now!

For now -- fingers crossed on my job. I'm doing the new grad program where I choose 3 areas, depending on availabiilty, to work in and then narrow it down -- so pray that Mother Baby/Postpartum, Newborn Nursery, and PCU/Critical Care are all available!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment