Sunday, April 17, 2011

I know what you did last weekend...

My sister and I made these...

My grandma (well both of them) taught us how to sew ages ago, but I never really kept up with it and wanted to get back to it. We have a sewing machine we use when we modify, shorten, or redo clothes we have to fit eachother, but hadn't really messed with pillows. We recovered these that I had had foreverrrr and used when i first moved away, and then stowed away in my closet because they didn't match my living room. So I found two types of Ikat from Joanne's and the reaminder of some burlap I had used to decorate for Halloween and also a table runner I made.


 We made these recovering some of those soft pillows that my sister Hollie had, to put on her bed.
And in order to double the use of our fabric we recovered the backs with a coordinating color, and put in zippers to make them easier to switch on and off.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to learn to sew! It would be so nice to make my own skirts and dresses.

    ReplyDelete